Happy Belated Halloween. I hope everyone had a safe and happy holiday.
We had a busy weekend at Cutcaster. First, we spent a good amount of programming time last week and this weekend making a necessary updates to our search engine and how Solr, which is used to aid search on our site, was interacting with and re-indexing our photo database. One problem that we noticed was that all files that were accepted and on the live site were not showing up in search results when they should have. This problem was corrected and all files now show up during search when they should be returned. Another issue was search slowness which we are constantly working on and is still a work in progress. We also tweaked with some of the search weightings and pricing on the site. Let us know if any of your files are not showing up on the site when you do a keyword search.
We have completed the wire-frames for the new site redesign and are about 60% of the way complete with the new code for the backend and new functionality. Exciting stuff. I will post some of the new wireframes that will show you the new look but won’t give away a few of the cool new features we have in store. We are hoping to release the new site by end of December or early January so be on the lookout.